Welcome!

May 21, 2010 · 77 comments

Come in, come in! Please excuse the mess, I’m still unpacking and suspect it’ll take me a little while to straighten everything out and get it totally presentable. Pull up a crate and make yourself comfortable. While I go get you a jar of water, please take a moment to update your links.

My room in the blogspot boarding house was nice while it lasted, but I decided it was time to get a place of my own. Getting an interior designer was a little out of my budget so please be patient while I slowly tizzy the place up myself. People just don’t use the word tizzy enough these days. It is faring the same fate as the doily!

I haven’t had a chance to get to know my neighbours, so I’m not yet sure if they’re the type to lend a cup of sugar. Actually, I’m not sure if my real neighbours are the type to lend a cup of sugar. Has anyone ever actually asked their neighbour for a cup of sugar?

I’m ashamed to say I haven’t had a chance to unpack the kitchenware, but it gave me a good excuse to try out the new(ish) Little Caesar’s Pizzeria in Leederville.

We perused the online menu, finding it difficult to make our choices, but then we realised you have a choice of small, large and family sized pizzas (with the exception of the “revolving menu” pizzas, which only come in large and family) so we decided to get four small ones to try more of the flavours. After much reading and scrolling, and everyone being too easygoing to make an executive decision, we eventually settled on the Tuna Mornay, CBGB, Jane’s Addiction and Greek Lamb pizzas.

Little Caesar’s don’t deliver, not even to brand new domains, so my sister and housemate gallantly went food collecting while I searched plugins and changed layout options then changed them back again.

Tuna Mornay - cream, tuna, breadcrumbs, corn, parmesan cheese, onion, parsley, mozzarella cheese ($12.50 for small 10")

This one turned out to be the favourite of the lot, and really did taste just like tuna mornay on a pizza. A little odd at first, admittedly, but it grew on us very quickly. If you’re a fan of tuna mornay you will love this.

CBGB - pizza sauce, mozzarella, chicken marinated in seeded mustard, brazil nuts, butternut pumpkin, onion, capsicum ($14.00 for small 10")

This pizza was not quite so popular. I realise now that the menu says “chicken marinated in seeded mustard”, but if you look at the photo you can see that seeded mustard was liberally squirted (I assume it was squirted, given the big curling lines of it everywhere) all over the pizza. It was so overly flavoured with mustard that it was nigh impossible to taste anything else, especially the pumpkin. It was however, really good reheated the next day and served with an undressed salad, as the lashings (I’m determined not to let lashings go the way of tizzy and doilies) of mustard was balanced out with the cool fresh lettuce.

Janes Addiction - marinated prawns, proscuitto, garlic cream sauce, wild rocket pesto, mozzarella ($13.50 for small 10")

The garlic cream sauce made this pizza incredibly rich, but it was rich in a way that made you think you couldn’t handle another piece but found yourself going back for one anyway. I think this was due largely to the beautifully salty prosciutto cutting through the creaminess and calling you back for more. The prawns were well cooked, and the overall flavour combination worked well. We all enjoyed this pizza, but I don’t think it is one you could handle on your own.

Greek lamb - lamb marinated in rosemary, caramelized onion, feta, kalamata olives, lemon juice, cracked black pepper, tzatziki ($13.00 for small 10")

Since first trying the Devine Lamb pizza from Stone’s, I’ve had a bit of a thing for lamb pizzas and couldn’t resist trying this one. The sticky caramelized onions gave a real sweetness to this pizza, which I enjoyed balancing out with a squeeze of the fresh lemon. I would have liked more bitiness to the feta, but overall we all liked this one.

All in all we enjoyed our dinner, ate far more than we needed to and still had plenty left over for an easy lunch the next day. I think that the Little Caesar’s approach to pizza is not really my style – I prefer a slightly thinner base and less toppings – so while it hasn’t taken over as my Perth pizza of choice, I think it would be great for people who are into that bigger-is-better style of  pizza. There are many interesting flavour combinations on offer, and I have heard good things about their dessert pizzas. Apparently it is my fault for not having ordered any dessert pizzas for us to try on this occasion, so perhaps an actual visit to the restaurant itself is in order to try some out.

It was also good to note on their website that they have a section of the menu to help out those with gluten intolerance and allergies, and they seem quite willing and able to accommodate people with special dietary requirements.

Little Caesar’s Pizzeria Leederville (they are also up in Mundaring)

Address:                  127 Oxford Street LEEDERVILLE
Phone:                      9444 0499
Website:                  http://www.littlecaesarspizzeria.com.au/index.html
Opening Hours: 5pm ’til late, 7 days a week
Service:                    Dine in or takeaway only, no delivery or table bookings
We paid:                   $53.00 for 4 small (10″) pizzas, feeding three of us two meals each

Little Caesars Pizzeria Leederville on Urbanspoon

Jo @ secondhelping May 21, 2010 at 2:11 pm

A brand new home!! And mighty lovely it is – although it could do with a few doilies.

Congrats on creating such a nice place to visit, and have fun changing plug-ins at least a thousand times more (that’s what I do!)

Conor May 21, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Yegads, you’re right, it’s devoid of doilies!

Thanks heaps, and yes I can feel a lot of changing and rechanging ahead of me..
.-= Conor´s last blog ..Welcome! =-.

OohLookBel May 21, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Congratulations on a *beautiful* new site! You are very brave to attempt it, I’m way too chicken to even try to move. Good luck with the tizzying up – a couple of fat loaded pizzas will always make it more homely, as you know :)
.-= OohLookBel´s last blog ..Cakes! Black Star-Cupcake Factory-Zumbo =-.

Conor May 21, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Thank you! Yes, it takes a bit of bravery. Or madness, if you will. I’ve at least managed to clear away the empty pizza boxes :)

Steph@raspberricupcakes May 21, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Conor!! Love your new home, it is so purdy :D And you are so right, people should say tizzy more. It’s okay, we will start a revival, ooh and I have a ton of paper doilys! We can start a tizzy/doily fan club. I sound like a crazy person now don’t I?

Conor May 21, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Thank you! I think people need to get over the fear of sounding like their mothers to get into the tizzy love. Yay for doilies! Not crazy at all! Or if you are, I like your style of crazy.

Hannah May 21, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Congratulations! A lovely new home indeed, and hopefully unlike my recent home-shifting experience, there will be no silverfish crawling out of the woodwork to nestle between your toes at night. (Grossest. Feeling. Ever.)

I’m a bit of a sucker for mustard so love the sound of that pizza, while the tuna mornay does put me in a bit of a tizzy of excitement (I’m helping, I’m helping!)

Also, I just gave you two awards, but of course the accompanying meme is not an obligation or anything – just wanted to let you know :)
.-= Hannah´s last blog ..Beautiful Kreativity: Two Awards and a Meme =-.

Conor May 21, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Thank you! Dear god, that is horrendous. We would get silverfish eating the mail out of our mailbox at my parents’ place. Wasn’t aware of any trying to get to my toe lint though.

Haha, thanks, I appreciate your tizzy help! We can get there!

Oh sweet, thank you! I very happily accept! :) :) :)

Heather May 21, 2010 at 5:57 pm

The tuna mornay looks delish! I just checked out their website and I am keen to try some of those dessert pizzas! GET INTO MY BELLY.

Love the new tizzied-up site! :)
.-= Heather´s last blog ..Wellness WA – Angry Almond Review =-.

Conor May 21, 2010 at 10:03 pm

I feel a bit of a fool for not getting any of the dessert ones. More reason to go back though I guess?

Thanks! :D

Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite May 21, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Yeah – Jo’s right – where are the doilies?

Seriously – it looks GREAT Conor – well done!!! You will LOVE working in WP and wonder why it took you so long to make the switch!!!

Conor May 21, 2010 at 10:04 pm

I know, I know, I’m a hypocrite! No doilies to be seen……… yet.

THANK YOU! I’m already loving it! Thanks for helping push me in the right direction! And for putting me in touch with the amazing Barb :)

Banksie May 21, 2010 at 7:44 pm

I am with you on the light thin crust pizzas.
Have you seen that the pizzeria that replaced Pavarotti’s on Hampden Rd has finally opened? I am planning to try it when I am back in Perth, but if you could review it for me… :)
I hope you settle into your new home soon, can’t wait for the updates.

Conor May 21, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Thin all the way, baby.

Oh yes I sure have! I’ve been there and taken photos and everything but for some reason totally forgot about writing a review. Short review: it rocks. Hopefully can get a longer one written up soon.

Thanks :)

Emma @CakeMistress May 21, 2010 at 7:45 pm

New home, yay! Looking pretty already :)

Conor May 21, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Thank you! Yay indeed!

gcroft May 21, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Congratulations on your new site!

Conor May 21, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Thanks very much!!

Amy @ cookbookmaniac May 21, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Nice dig you have here. Hope you don’t mind if I put my feet up and enjoy the coffee table books you left here. Your cushions are nice and I like the way you’re tizzying up the joint. Hmmm, I might come over more often.
.-= Amy @ cookbookmaniac´s last blog ..Bitton Gourmet – Cafe and Grocer =-.

Conor May 21, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Please do, make yourself at home. I’m glad you like the cushions seeing as the couch hasn’t arrived yet. I’ll just put your bowl of coffee down on this box.

Mei May 21, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Woooh like the new site already! =D
We found Little Caesar’s so-so too. It’s thin crust, authentic italian style all the way for us!

Congratulations on your new blog.
x

Conor May 22, 2010 at 9:24 pm

We’re new site twins as well as pizza-preference twins. Great minds, eh? :)

Thanks, you too!

Trisha May 22, 2010 at 3:44 pm

CONGRATULATIONS on the new website and the domain!!!! :)

Conor May 22, 2010 at 9:24 pm

THANK YOU!!!

Miss Egg May 22, 2010 at 4:03 pm

NICE NICE NICE!! :) well done on the tweaking!! Looking forward to seeing new tweaks showing up!
.-= Miss Egg´s last blog ..Cafe at the Hyatt, East Perth =-.

Conor May 22, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Thanks!! I think the tweaking will never end. Like I didn’t have enough things to keep me consta-occupied!

Iron Chef Shellie May 22, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Very pretty new pad you got here Conor.
I’ve thought about moving too and getting a domain name, but I’m just not ready to move out of home yet. :P
x
.-= Iron Chef Shellie´s last blog ..Cupcakes by Paolo at the Flemington Market =-.

Conor May 22, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Thanks! I think you have more than enough moving going on in your life right now young lady. Plus, you just tizzied up your site so nicely it would be a shame to move it :)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella May 22, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Lovely new digs Conor! Thanks for the jar of water too-haha! :P
.-= Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella´s last blog ..Win 1 of 5 Copies of It’s Complicated on DVD! =-.

Conor May 22, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Thanks Lorraine! Make yourself at home! There’s plenty more jar water where that came from :)

Simply Life May 22, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I love the new site! Can you tell me how you went about doing it and what the differences are? I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while but don’t really know anything about the process!
.-= Simply Life´s last blog ..Vietnamese Success! =-.

Conor May 22, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Thanks heaps, and email has just been sent your way!

Cakelaw May 22, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Congrats on setting up your new domain! It looks good. I’ll have a Janes addiction seafood pizza please – YUM!
.-= Cakelaw´s last blog ..Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies =-.

Conor May 22, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Thank you! I’ll happily share a Janes Addiction with you, and perhaps a dessert pizza too?

Kitchen Butterfly May 22, 2010 at 10:39 pm

The big step. Welcome home…………………..Love your intro – you could have a cup of sugar from me – anyday!

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Thanks Oz! I’ll be sure to hit you up for some next time I’m low :)

denise @ quickies on the dinner table May 22, 2010 at 11:57 pm

OMG! How can you not love a pizza called “Jane’s Addiction”?? Garlic cream sauce? Wowzers!

I like the new place already :D Oh look – if I reach out the window, I can touch a cloud ;) Neato! (another word for your not-used-enough list?) ROFL
.-= denise @ quickies on the dinner table´s last blog ..just pointing in the general direction =-.

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Oh I know, I was already sucked in by the name before I read the description!

Thank you! Oh wow, you’re right, we’re so high up here! I’ll add neato to the list ;)

Karen Harris May 23, 2010 at 1:57 am

You are a dot com now, and to think I knew you when! I’ve been considering the move myself but I have a hard enough time cleaning up my little place as it is. I’m so glad to see that you didn’t completely redecorate and kept the cute little cupcakes on your banner.

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:17 pm

I know, it’s a dizzy heady world up here in dot com land. Don’t worry Karen, I’ll remember you when my name is up in lights.

I couldn’t quite bring myself to get rid of the cupcakes :)

mademoiselle délicieuse May 23, 2010 at 11:36 am

Congrats on moving into your new home and it is already starting to look very homely indeed. I have noted down your new address and promise to visit you often, although I am already missing you as a fellow bloghouse boarder. I’ll keep a spare cup of sugar handy in case you need it whilst settling in =)
.-= mademoiselle délicieuse´s last blog ..Ripples Sydney Wharf (Pyrmont), 21 Feb 2010 =-.

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Thank you thank you I’ll always have the kettle on for you and promise to come back to visit my old neighbours regularly!

Patty Price May 23, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Welcome to your new home I enjoyed reading your post and I was happy to pull up a crate!

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Thank you! Hopefully I’ll get some actual chairs for you soon!

Agnes May 23, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Conor! Lovely new digs! I bought you this super tacky vase as a domain warming present. It’s ten thousand shades of hideous, but I know that you will display it in a prominent place for all to see.

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Oh Agnes, you shouldn’t have! I’ll just leave it over here in this precarious location where it won’t possibly get accidentally knocked off and sadly broken.

Rizka May 23, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Hey, love the new look of your blog! :)
.-= Rizka´s last blog ..Good morning everyone! Wake up and realize your dream today :) =-.

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Thank you! :D

tasteofbeirut May 23, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Thanks for the jar of water Conor; I am a bit envious of all these fancy pizzas you get over there! Tuna Mornay sounds very fancy and delicious; bet with it the wine needs to be up to par.

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:23 pm

You’re welcome, I might even have some cordial to splash in it if you’re lucky :)

You know, we didn’t actually have any wine with it. How foolish of us.

Natasha May 23, 2010 at 11:43 pm

Congratulations on the move! It must have been alot of work..but it’s all worth it at the end i’m sure..hehe looking forward to more articles from you :)
.-= Natasha´s last blog ..Galileo Buona Cucina, Subiaco =-.

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Thank you! Yes I’m sure I made it to be more work than was necessary, but glad it’s happened now. Thank ye! :)

Pam May 24, 2010 at 4:38 am

I love the new look and set up – congrats! All three of the pizzas look tasty to me. We just ate frozen mini pizzas for lunch and they were terrible.
.-= Pam´s last blog ..Neapolitan Pancakes =-.

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Thanks Pam! Oh god, frozen mini pizzas. The last time I had those I vowed never to do it again. I’m sure by now you’ve well and truly gotten them out of your system with some of your tasty home cooking. Feel free to make pancakes for my housewarming present ;)

TFP May 24, 2010 at 5:36 am

Conor,
Sorry I missed being one of the very first gawkers at the new digs! But perhaps it’s for the best that I didn’t turn up to spread my nasty cough and cold germs around the new place. :) Your new site looks great. Told you you could do it! :D
.-= TFP´s last blog ..Family afternoon tea =-.

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Yes, I would’ve had to follow you around with a can of Glen20. Thank you, and thanks again for your amazingly long and useful emails!

Ellie (Almost Bourdain) May 24, 2010 at 8:53 am

Congratulation on the new look of your blog!! Look great and all these pizzas are making me hungry. time for lunch!
.-= Ellie (Almost Bourdain)´s last blog ..Duck a L’Orange and Tony Bilson’s Fine Family Cooking – Book Review =-.

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Thanks! I know, I just ate lunch and they’re making me hungry too :)

Maria@TheGourmetChallenge May 24, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Hey hey, love the new pad!! You definitely got to get some doilies…..how else do you cover up coffee mug stains?! I’m onto those grannies!! I’ve been saying for the last year that I’m going to “update” my look, and thats just my fashion, forget the blog!!! Great job!
.-= Maria@TheGourmetChallenge´s last blog ..The Zumbo Post =-.

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Thanks Maria! Ooooh maybe I can get some super cool Melbourne doilies next week. Melbourne is known for its doily fashion, right?

Hehe, I think I’m personally about 10 seasons behind the times..

5 Star Foodie May 25, 2010 at 3:11 am

Congrats on the new site! The pizzas look so awesome!
.-= 5 Star Foodie´s last blog ..Alouette Extra Creamy Brie Review and Giveaway =-.

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Thanks Natasha :)

Trix May 25, 2010 at 10:29 am

Consider yourself re-subscribed, and congrats on having the guts to make a move!!

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Excellent, thank you! Worth biting the bullet, I think :)

Devan May 25, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Love the new look :)

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Thanks Devan!

April @ My Food Trail May 25, 2010 at 2:14 pm

I love what you have done with your page – functionality seems a lot greater than with Blogger! I think I’m going to need some tips on how I can move to Wordpress!

The pizzas are unusual but all sound great!
.-= April @ My Food Trail´s last blog ..Win a double pass to the 2010 Melbourne Good Food & Wine Show =-.

Conor May 25, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Thanks heaps, I totally agree. Am sure I’m not using half the functionality to my advantage yet, but meh, I’ll get there. At least the scary move is over now!

Feel free to ask for halfarsed advice if you decide to move :D

Zach May 25, 2010 at 5:39 pm

The pizzas look nice but like you I prefer thin crust all the way!

Conor May 26, 2010 at 8:16 am

What good taste you have.

Evelyne@CheapEthnicEatz May 26, 2010 at 12:49 am

Congrats on the move…YAY. take your time unpacking. Links updated!
.-= Evelyne@CheapEthnicEatz´s last blog ..1 Potato, 2 Potatoes, Blue Potatoes =-.

Conor May 26, 2010 at 8:17 am

Thanks! Don’t worry, I’m one of those people who finds unpacked boxes from the last time they moved house when they’re moving again.. I’ll be taking my sweet time unpacking :)

penny aka jeroxie May 26, 2010 at 3:16 am

Great house! Love the front door and the warm welcome in!

Conor May 26, 2010 at 8:18 am

Thanks! I should probably get some plants for the front. Or at least a mat, now that winter is almost here.

Jenn May 26, 2010 at 9:38 am

*makes self comfy* Great place you have here, Conor! Looking fabosh, congrats on your new home :)

Conor May 26, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Thanks Jenn! It’s starting to feel like home now, I found where I’d packed my ugg boots thank goodness :)

Liz May 27, 2010 at 7:41 am

Love the new website Conor! Nice work!
.-= Liz´s last blog ..Toast =-.